Jamaica Planning Commission
MINUTES AGENDA for March 5, 2018 Regular MEETING
Present: Veda Bassett, Chris Robbins, Rebecca Ohm, Bryan Zieroff, Greg Meulemans
Public Present: Joel Bluming
- Veda called meeting to order at 7:10
- Minutes of 2/19/18 approved unanimously – moved by Veda, seconded by Chris.
- Discussion of what Chris will speak about during announcements part of Town Meeting: Energy Plan to comply with Act 174, water study, affordable housing plus call for Planning Commission new members!
- Discussion of new Chair of PC, membership outreach
- Hearing for Windham Region Commission approval of Town Plan will take place Monday, March 12 at the WRC office in Brattleboro
- Chris gave update on the tax rate study. John Everitt has been identified to be able to conduct the study, estimated cost of $2000. Chris to get proposal.
- Chris gave update on Energy Plan including publicity of public meeting. Draft has been sent to WRC. Working on the necessary policy steps. Final plan must be submitted by April 1.
- Bryan shared his thoughts on the 2010 septic study – a lot of useful information which can be used as a baseline for future studies, offering a good perspective of the previous condition and possibly be integrated into the current water study.
- Rebecca gave review of Local Government Day and recommended Jamaica joining the VT Climate Action Community Coalition. It offered steps to take to meet our energy planning goals and help gain support for our energy plan. Veda motioned to recommend to the Select Board that Jamaica join the Coalition, seconded by Chris, unanimous approval. Rebecca to draft letter to SB
- Calendar items
- Other business, public concerns
- Meeting adjourned at 8:20
Submitted by Greg Meulemans