JAMAICA SELECTBOARD MINUTES OF THE REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING
JANUARY 8, 2018
Members Present: Judith Flower, Joel Bluming, Paul Fraser, Andrew Coyne, Alexandra Clark
Public Present: Rebecca Ohm, Shirley Meyer, Jack Meyer, Tom Tolbert, Louis Frino, Alice Frino, Lou Bruso, Lister; Barbara Ferguson, Lister; Anne Dubosque
Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m.
- Judith Flower requested that the Selectboard enter into executive session for a personnel matter.
- Minutes of the December 11, 2017 meeting reviewed. Motion made by Judith Flower to approve the December 11, 2017 minutes; 2nd by Alexandra Clark. Minutes approved; motion carried.
- Presentation by Listers Louis Bruso and Barbara Ferguson regarding the possible change for the listers to hire professional appraisers to assist the listers regarding property values.
- Certificate of Highway Mileage reviewed and signed by the Selectboard.
- Planning commission vacancy-tabled, the Selectboard would like to review the letter of request from Bryan Zieroff. Tabled until next meeting.
- Public concerns: Second home owners stating their opinions regarding the water study. Joel Bluming spoke of the clearing of the sidewalks, especially the Route 30 Bridge located before the Jamaica Fire Station.
- Motion made by Joel Bluming to form a four person full-time position in the Highway Department. 2nd by Judith Flower. Motion approved. Motion made by Alexandra Clark to upgrade Dennis Palmer a part time Highway employee to the full-time employee. 2nd by Joel Bluming. Motion approved. Motion carried.
- Motion made by Judith Flower to enter into executive session “I move to find that premature general public knowledge regarding a personnel issue would clearly place the town at a substantial disadvantage, because the Selectboard risks disclosing a personnel issue. All in favor. “ Second motion made by Judith Flower “I move that we enter into executive session to discuss a personnel issue under the provisions of Title 1, Section 313(a)(1)(A) of the Vermont Statutes” 2nd by Joel Bluming. Selectboard entered into executive session at 8:07 p.m. Out of executive session at 8:32.
- Motion made by Judith Flower to adjourn. 2nd by Alexandra Clark. Meeting adjourned at 8:33 p.m.
- Respectively submitted by Alexandra Clark