Flood Resources from Senator Peter Welch


Hello Vermonters,

As Vermont begins to rebuild from the recent flooding, I wanted to share a list of updated resources available to Vermonters. Federal, state, and local officials are acting quickly to respond to this disaster, so guidance may change. You can visit the state’s flooding resource page for up-to-date information. If you have questions, you can call my office at 802-863-2525. In case on an emergency, call 911.

For Individuals

  • If you have sustained damage to your property, you should report it to Vermont 211 . If you can’t access the 211 website, call 866-652-4636 or 802-652-4636 and leave a voicemail.
  • Don’t wait to report damages! The more Vermonters that report damage to their property, the better the state will be able to estimate the cost of recovery.
  • After reporting damage to 211, you also need to submit a FEMA request . The deadline to register is September 12, 2023.
  • You may receive a letter directing you to apply for a loan through the Small Business Administration (SBA). The deadline for this loan application is also September 12,2023.
  • Even if you are in a county undeclared for individual assistance, you should register with FEMA. You will need to call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362, or visit a Disaster Recovery Center, to register. Depending on your county, you may be unable to register online.

For Businesses

For Farmers

  • If your farm has sustained damage, report your losses to the Farm Service Agency. You can email agr.floodresponse@vermont.gov or call 802-828-5667.
  • There are also multiple funds that you can apply to now. Farmers can request up to $5,000 in grants from the Farmer Emergency Fund and can apply for up to $10,000 in emergency loans from the Vermont Farm Fund .

In the meantime, I’ll continue coordinating with the delegation to ensure Vermonters have the resources they need.



General Flooding Resources